This week’s Friday Q&A question comes via the comments section on my Wealthy Affiliate review.
“Hi thanks for your review!
Is WA suitable for my MLM business?”
“Suitable” here can be interpreted in a number of ways but I’m assuming that he’s asking if he can grow his MLM business using Wealthy Affiliate.
Hopefully, it doesn’t mean “can I promote my MLM business on WA?” The answer to that would be a NO.
I answered the question briefly in the comments but I would like to expand on that answer here for anyone else who would like to know.
My response was:
“The lessons you learn at Wealthy Affiliate applies to the promotion of any type of business whether it’s an online affiliate marketing business, a brick and mortar offline business, a service you might offer or in your case, an MLM business.
If you do MLM, I think you’ll be ahead of a lot of people when you really learn how to market your business.”
In this article, I’ll expand on this answer and tell you why Wealthy Affiliate is the perfect resource to help you grow your MLM business.
How to Succeed In MLM
One of the reasons why multi-level marketing gets such a bad rap is it’s low success rate. Most people who try MLM never achieve success and or even make any money before eventually quitting.
There are many factors which contribute to this including lack of proper marketing education, uninspiring uplines and downright bad MLM companies.
However, given the right company, it is possible to have massive success with MLM. You just need to be able to achieve two things – consistent sales and a strong downline growth – the two factors on which all legitimate MLMs are build upon.
I wrote an article a while back on how to actually make money with Amway which shows what I would do if I were an IBO again. These are techniques that I learned from being a student at Wealthy Affiliate.
In the article, I mentioned that one of the reasons why most people quit or fail is because they don’t actually know anything about marketing and they never really get a good marketing education because their sponsor might actually be in the same situation.
Just think about it – a multi-level marketer with no marketing knowledge. This was my case back when I was an Amway IBO.
Most people in MLM have the wrong approach to building their downline. Instead of truly trying to duplicate what they’re already doing to achieve success, they talk about how much money they’re making as a way to entice potential prospects into becoming distributors. In the Amway article, I suggesting doing something entirely different.
My process would be to apply niche marketing techniques to promoting and selling an MLM product or product line for consistent sales and then showing potential prospects how they can make money selling that product or a product they’d feel comfortable selling or have the expertise to sell.
This is a much better approach to building an MLM business than how it is typically done.
How Wealthy Affiliate Can Help You Build Your MLM Business
Wealthy Affiliate teaches thousands of people around the world how to make money using the affiliate marketing model. This requires marketing knowledge and you can apply the training to any online or offline marketing business.
They also give you access to tools and resources to build your business online which includes tools for research and website development. These tools are necessary for any business that wants an online presence whether it’s a small local business, an ecommerce website, a freelancer trying to find clients or an MLM representative who wants to get more leads.
At Wealthy Affiliate, besides a marketing education, you can also get support from experts and an interactive community of marketers in training.
This is great because you can ask questions at any time and get timely and expert answers to guide you as you grow your MLM business.
To summarize, Wealthy Affiliate provides:
- a marketing education so you can learn how to market
- website building platform so you can build a website to get leads
- an active community that you can rely on for support
- tools for research and content development (so you can drive internet traffic for leads)
Steps to Promoting Your MLM
The steps to successfully promoting your MLM company are simple once you gain the marketing knowledge which you can get from Wealthy Affiliate.
1. The first thing you should do is choose an MLM company with a product that you know about or would feel excited to promote. If you’re reading this then you’re probably already with a company so you can decide whether you want to still sell their product, choose a different company or maybe even switch to the affiliate marketing model.
2. The next step is to learn everything you need to know to be an expert at recommending your MLM’s product. You would have to identify what market you’re targeting and in what way the product is going to help them.
3. If your MLM company allows you to promote their products online via your own website or blog, you can research keywords that will bring traffic to your website and write content based on these keywords. You can create online content to get a steady stream of sales and also position yourself as an expert on the topic.
4. You should also have a page on your website where you collect leads that will show them how you use your website to sell the product offered by your MLM company.
5. When you have the process down, you can use this as your own plan to show potential leads. You can demonstrate in a series of emails how you use this process to create an income stream and how they can too.
These steps can help you achieve both consistent sales for your MLM products and also build a downline that will boost your income through bonuses for sales volume and downline growth.
Wealthy Affiliate helps by providing the marketing training, tools and resources as well as active community support. For a full review of what is offered, check out my Wealthy Affiliate review.
If you have any questions about a specific MLM and how Wealthy Affiliate can help or you just want my thoughts, let me know in the comments below. And if you have a question that you want featured in another edition of Friday Q&A, I’d be happy to hear it too. Ask away or share your thoughts below.